The decorations, the lights; it’s all here! The bustle of shoppers, the tone to remove your credit card after payment, the chatter, the music, the traffic; it’s all here.
Is it beginning to feel stressful yet?
Just in case you’re feeling the pressure, here’s 5 Easy Tips:
1. Take OM breaks. I know that sounds a bit ridiculous at this hectic pace, but it works. Take a moment away from it all and breathe. Think about a loving holiday memory. Breathe. If you feel like saying, “OM”, then do it. It’s whatever brings you back to that place of calm and feeling good.
2. Get moving. Whatever is going to get your body in gear, do it. The best way to raise those happy endorphins is to exercise. Take a walk, join a class. My favorite is Zumba. Check out my HOliday outfit for my last Zumba class!
3. The holiday foods are amazing and SO good! Most are sugary sweet, fatty, alcohol or anything else that we normally don’t eat. Give those things you like a taste in small propositions to the serving. Enjoy it! Overindulging has proven to not make us feel at our best.
4. Time to put on those rose-colored glasses. We all have family and the stories that go with that family. Rather than expecting the holiday to end in drama and negative feelings, put on the rose-colored glasses and just enjoy. When your mother or anyone says you work too hard, you don’t eat enough, you’re eat too much, you’re too skinny, you’re fat, or whatever input they want to give to you and your lifestyle, here’s the response: “Thank you for your input and love for me. I’ll consider your suggestions.” Imagine what the response will be?
5. Be generous. This aligns with #4. It’s not about the gifts and the money. When you give a compliment, it actually feels good. You can be the bearer of good tidings and great joy with only a kind word. Try it!
And if all else isn’t working, go back to #1.
Enjoy your holiday.
Review 2018 and it’s highlights.
Set your intentions for 2019 being better than 2018.
And most of all…
Remember, JOY has your name on it!
ARIES: Steamy exchanges heat up the first week with Venus in Scorpio and Mercury Retrograde. Share intimately with someone special. The 7th has you focusing on your inner guidance with the New Moon shining on your beliefs, travel and learning. Shine your best and brightest on the holidays expressing your hopes and dreams. Happy socializing!
TAURUS: Venus in Scorpio inspires romantic exchanges, more so with Mercury Retrograde there. The 7th’s aspects will have you enjoying seasonal good times with loved ones near and far. Celebrate relationships and get plans in gear on the 16th-17th. After the 20th, you experience life more boldly. The Full Moon may inspire a drive down memory lane. Love conquers all!
GEMINI: Venus in Scorpio intensifies relationships with co-workers and competitive urges heat up. Stay focused on essentials. Ease into holiday enthusiasm. The 7th, something new is on the horizon along with joy in all things relationship under a holiday banner. The remainder of the month has the holiday theme and traditions continuing. Enjoy a loud, fun 31st into the New Year.
CANCER: Venus in Scorpio brings warm love and support from family, children, and/or romantic companion. An old issue might come up for resolution. It’s also possible that a past creative project re-inspires you. Which may activate the 7th’s New Moon inspiring a healthy life style. The holiday opens with a bang on the 20th and the Full Moon’s loving influence on family gatherings.
LEO: Venus in sultry Scorpio intensifies family relationships. Entertaining at home? The 7th’s optimistic Sag New Moon has you shining at a holiday event. Big Love and Gratitude when you tell someone how you feel. The holiday opens with a bang on the 20th with bold impulses. Christmas Day is filled with gratitude and joy. The 31st resolutions revolve around cherished home and family.
VIRGO: Your ruler, Mercury, starts the month retrograde in Scorpio, bringing more confusion than understanding, especially regarding holiday plans, paperwork and travel. Fortunately, Venus warms relations. The 7th activates a very hectic seasonal start (a companion?) The 21st opens the door for supreme personal pleasures. It also brings the clan together to share happy times.
LIBRA: Mercury Retrograde at the beginning of the month brings confusion; emails, transportation and holiday shopping. Venus says wait to holiday shop after the 6th. Gift buying gets enjoyable after the 7th. Use your power of intention to create the world around you based on your highest inner visions. The holiday’s warm tones continue after the 20th. Make beautiful music and memories.
SCORPIO: Venus in your sign helps you enjoy this holiday season to the max, increasing your popularity and warm attentions and affections. This may include a makeover. After the 6th seasonal parties and greetings flow in. The 7th inspires gift buying, a bonus or fiscal surprise. On the 21st, moods are upbeat, sentiments strong. The clan gathers and reveals how important people and traditions are.
SAGITARRIUS: With Venus in Scorpio, you might be harboring a private love? The holidays really begin for you on the 7th’s New Moon, a boost to your optimism, confidence, and lively adventures! Travel in the picture? Several aspects call for a new chapter in your life or life success. You’re ready to conquer your world. After the 22nd, moodiness combined with holiday cheer. You choose!
CAPRICORN: Venus in Scorpio and a confounding Retrograde Mercury steams up close friendships. A whirl of social activity claims attention and energy. Misunderstandings begin to clear after the 6th. Lots going on behind the scenes creates a hectic pace. Someone may turn to you for sage advice. After the 21st, a joyful season get-together with some possible relationship negotiation may exist.
AQUARIUS: Venus in seductive Scorpio transits your career zone, giving that area of life a mysterious pull even though it’s the holiday season. Mercury Retrograde activates this further. At the 7th, a festive tone of optimism and good cheer exists. After the 21st, holiday and family traditions ride in on dreamy and satisfying activities. New Year’s Eve starts quietly and turns into energetic fun!
PISCES: Wanderlust is a dreamy theme with relationship Venus in seductive Scorpio in your travel and adventure zone. After the 6th, mysteries and misunderstandings begin to clear. After the 7th, you dream about faraway places and a happy holiday. The New Moon sets a tone of good cheer. After the 21st and Sun in Capricorn make this a dream come true time with loved ones and friends.