What Will You Choose?
December is here! Whew! It’s been quite a year and we will soon see the beginning of 2021 and new beginnings for everyone.
There’ve been so many challenges and changes to life:
- · You’ve learned to shelter in place, isolate or quarantine. You choose the word.
- · You’ve learned the benefits to others of our wearing a mask.
- · Masks have become a fashion statement!
- · You’ve learned new ways to communicate with your loved ones or do business without being in person.
- · You’ve learned that many things slowed down during the pandemic such as mail, less food items and, of course, toilet paper!
- · You’ve been home schooling and possibly working from home simultaneously.
At the same time the above changes have brought about new ways of living:
- · Quiet time at home with loved ones.
- · Cooking foods that you’ve always wanted to try.
- · Seeing your neighbors more even if it’s waving from the balcony or lawn.
- · Time to actually have conversations with those living in your home such as your children or spouse/significant other.
- · Reading
- · Learning something new because you have the time such as a language, a skill, play an instrument, even knitting.
- · Taking time to reconnect with you, who you are, and what you want to be when you grow up (no matter what your age)!
As we see the new normal coming into view in 2021, I know I want to spend more time with my grandson and son. Those hugs melt my heart. I’ll look forward to traveling again and going to events. All good things involving being with those I love.
The most important question is what do you want to keep doing once we return to a new normal?
- · What have you been doing this past year that has been meaningful to you?
- · What is it that really makes you feel good?
- · What is it that you said pre-pandemic that you always wanted to do and now you have that time?
Everyone’s answers will vary. I invite you to think about what has made you happy through this past year and to keep it as part of your daily routine or your life moving forward. Is it greater communication with loved ones? A new skill? That novel you always wanted to read or maybe, write?
Whatever you choose, make it yours in 2021. Let it become a part of you, the better part of you.
Most importantly, do it with LOVE!
Happy December 2020!